Snatch skill work as prescribed.
Today (and the next four Saturdays) we are doing the CrossFit Games Open workout for the week. You do not have to be registered for the Open to come in and do this workout. If you are registered for the open, be sure to let a coach know so we can arrange a judge. You must turn in a signed scorecard in order to get your score validated.
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 9 minutes of:
- 15 toes-to-bars
- 10 deadlifts (115 / 75 lb.)
- 5 snatches (115 / 75 lb.)
6 minutes to establish a 1-rep-max clean and jerk
Workouts must be completed as a single 15 minute piece.
The CrossFit Games season has begun! Thanks to everyone who came out last night to watch the 15.1 announcement with us. Fridays will be a flex day of sorts during the next five weeks of the Open. You will have several choices today:
- Come in and do skill or prep work for Open workout 15.1 on Saturday. Brush up on movements in the workout or do a sample round to test pacing etc. or simply talk strategy with coaches and other competitors.
- Do the Solidarity CrossFit workout for the day (below). This will be a good option for those not doing the Open and who want to work out on both Friday and Saturday.
- Do CrossFit Open workout 15.1 & 15.1a . For those who won’t be able to come Saturday but want to do 15.1. Anyone doing 15.1 for the Open must have a judge and turn in a signed score card to get their score validated.
Fitness: 1) Press, 3×5 Linear Progression
2) Add 10-20% and do 3×3 Push Press
Performance: Push Press, 3×3 @ 80%
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 Ring Rows
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Kettlebell Swings (53/35)
10 Ring Rows (RR), 1 Kettlebell Swings (KBS), 9 RR, 2 KBS, 8 RR, 3 KBS…
Rest 1 minute, then max double unders in a minute.
Fitness: Clean Deadlift + Hang Clean, work to a heavy single then back off ~20% work singles as time allows. If clean deadlift is consistent, work in cleans from the ground.
Performance: Three Position Clean: High Hang + Hang + 2″ above Floor
Teams of two, three rounds:
- 12 Toes to Bar
- 12 Box Jumps (24/20)
Each start at a different station. Only switch when both are done. Both will complete each station three times.
Fitness: Snatch deadlift + hang snatch, work to a heavy single then back off ~20% work singles as time allows. If snatch deadlift is consistent, work from the ground.
Performance: Snatch + Snatch Balance + Overhead Squat
- 1 minute to complete 10 burpees, then
- max Double Unders in time remaining
Rest 1 Minute.
Score is number of double unders.
Fitness: Back Squat, 3×5 Linear Progression
Performance: Back Squat 4x 4 to 6 @80-85%
then, 4 Rounds:
- 10 Thrusters (95/65)
- 10 Pull Ups